Wednesday, April 2, 2008

COMICS
















My name is Alejandro "Al" Sanchez, a Filipino comics & book illustrator.

Started giving way to the urge to draw even while attending my elementary classes and was always being castigated by my teachers for drawing instead of listening or doing my homework. But always praised whenever they need some art works to be done at school.
At 45 I have a 30-years experiences as an illustrator, mostly for the comics:

At 14 I started to work instead of concentrating in my "formal" education. I worked as an INKER for comics publications;
At 15 I was promoted as full-time comics illustrator for Kraft Publications and worked under the renowned Filipino artists, Alfredo Alcala and Nestor Redondo;
At 17 I was given the opportunity to do a serial comics nobela, "CAPTAIN MODERN;" and,
During the 1980's I worked for Warren Publications of New York, N.Y. U.S.A. and had my works published in Eerie and Creepy Comics (see attached illustrations).

Have also worked as lay-out artist for animation companies:
Tradewind Animation Company
Tooncity Animations
Southern Light Animation Company

With my more than 30 years experience as illustration artist I am proficient as storyboard artist, book illustrator, coloring book artist and other art works.
I am what you may call a "natural" as far as illustration art is concerned.
You may contact me through this blog. Thanks! God bless!